Lets now get our selves well versed in upgrading the DAG nodes. In this post we will see how to upgrade the DAG nodes from exchange 2010 sp1 to Exchange 2010 sp2
For this post i would consider that i have 2 member DAG named Node 1 and Node 2. The DAG name is DAG1. l
Fig 1: The above figure shows that Exchange version of the 2 nodes to be SP1
Now lets see how the DAG is configured
Fig2: The above figure shows the DAG names and the members of the DAG
Fig 3: Shows how the databases are distributed across each nodes
Before we see how to upgrade lets see what are the permissions that are required for the User who is doing this task
|Database availability group membership||Organization Management|
|Database availability group properties||Organization Management|
|Database availability groups||Organization Management|
|Database availability networks||Organization Management|
Fig:4 Shows the permission that are required for managing DAG
How does the above script help us in upgrading the DAG members?
It performs the below tasks .
- Runs Suspend-MailboxDatabaseCopy with the ActivationOnly parameter to suspend each database copy hosted on the DAG member for activation.
- Pauses the node in the cluster, which prevents the node from being and becoming the PAM.
- Sets the value of the DatabaseCopyAutoActivationPolicy parameter on the DAG member to Blocked.
- Moves all active databases currently hosted on the DAG member to other DAG members.
- If the DAG member currently owns the default cluster group, the script moves the default cluster group (and therefore the PAM role) to another DAG member.
Lets see how the Script and the DAG members are upgraded to Sp2 in the next post