We are here to know about Lotus Notes to Exchange Server migration which needs to convert/migrate NSF to Exchange process. In the below section of the article, we will discuss all the steps need to be performed for conversion of Lotus Notes database NSF to exchange.
Lotus Notes is a popular email client used for the basic function like emailing and have many other features. It stores its emails, contacts, calendars, journals and other items in its database called NSF(Notes Storage Facility). Lotus Notes stores its database in a file with extension .nsf.
Exchange server is a Mail and Calendaring server developed by Microsoft. Exchange server stores its mailboxes in a file with an extension .edb.
What are the issues to be resolved to migrate NSF to Exchange?
Due to several reasons, the users of Lotus Notes is preferring to migrate from Notes to a different email client. And we have seen that MS outlook is most used email client by users. So it is the first choice of users who are looking for migration of Lotus Notes NSF file. As there is freedom to use Outlook in collaboration with Exchange server environment, therefore it one such factor in the success of both small and large-scale organizations. The migration from Lotus Notes NSF file to Exchange server is not an easy job as while making migration there may arise the number of issues. And these issues can act like bug in the migration process and may create problem in the whole process.
What are the challenges occurs when users migrate NSF to Exchange:
- The organizations may not always aware of the exact requirement of resources that are needed to apply in the migration process. The correct amount of investment, tools, human resource and the involvement of risks can only be estimated experts and officials advise. Later on, in between the migration estimation of the company may be proved completely wrong and the situation may get worse at that time.
- At starting while migrating NSF to any new email client server environ, the efficiency of the organization may slightly decrease because there is a need to invest a lot of time. It is due to the reason that users require to spend more time to understand the functioning of MS Exchange when they migrate from Lotus Notes.
- A sufficient amount of knowledge about MS Exchange server & its environment is needed to possess by the Domino administrator. It requires both time and monitory in huge amount.
- Switching to the new different platform may lead to different doubts and queries which should be resolved time to time. Thus, the organization will have to provide continuous assistance for solving these queries.
What is the solution to migrate NSF to Exchange in an easy manner?
The best solution to migrate Lotus Notes NSF to Exchange is to deploy the third- party tool SysTools Mail Migration Wizard. It is a very easy migration process contained with several features.
Some of the important features of Mail Migration Wizard to migrate NSF to Exchange are:
- Migrate NSF file to Live Exchange server.
- Complete migration of Lotus Notes database like emails, contacts, journals etc.
- Migrate Domino server mailboxes to Live Exchange server.
- Batch conversion of Lotus Notes NSF files.
- Also supports the migration of encrypted NSF file.
- Filters can be applied to migrate selective data.
- Maintains folder hierarchy and meta data remains intact.
- Supports all versions of Lotus Notes and Exchange server.
To know more about the working steps – https://www.systoolsgroup.com/mail-migration/how-it-works.html
To migrate NSF to Exchange server, one should know all the difficulty factors and problems which may come while processing the migration. Users should also have the good knowledge of Exchange server prior to migrating procedure starts so that they get aware to any issues which may occur. Using the Mail Migration Wizard tool, users can convert NSF to Exchange in a very concise manner as this tool migrate the NSF file to Live Exchange server.